Life @ VI Company
Tell me more...
Do you want to take your frontend skills to the next level?
Hi, we are VI Company. A FinTech scaleup where we conceptualize and build web apps and software. From the ground up. And for leading clients in the financial domain. Think banks, asset managers, and pension funds.
Do you want to join a multidisciplinary team, and develop clean and testable code? As a frontend developer at VI Company you tackle complex projects. This means favoring robust and functional code over a fancy front frontend (although appearance does matter!). Together with your 7 frontend peers, you keep developing each other, and our software. How does that sound?
How you serve your code as Frontend Developer
- You shape and develop FinTech web apps for large financial clients, used by millions of consumers worldwide.
- You team up with back-enders and designers to champion the same end-user, and work towards a shared goal: highly available and fast-performing web apps and software.
- You join a scale-up of 50 colleagues (of which 30 developers) and together we directly contribute to our mission to simplify and future-proof financial markets.
From day #1 you join a multidisciplinary Agile team, with great team cohesion and clear deliverables. Our projects are complex, so we stay up-to-date with the latest developments and trends in frontend world via courses, training, and conferences - that you will join as well!
A day as Frontend Developer @ VI Company
- Kickstart the day with a daily scrum and continue programming on a mission-critical website of a large bank, used to manage their assets.
- For lunch, you enjoy our catered lunch try to handle an increased heart rate of 100+ BPM whilst playing Mario Kart, due to a blue/red shell closing in when you are #1.
- In the afternoon, have a client call to find out more details about that specific feature request.
- End the day on a light note with a weekly frontend standup to discuss challenges, current projects, ideas, and demo new JS/CSS features.
So.... Now that you’ve come this far, it seems something about this role is of interest to you, right? Let's go to the fun part: why choose VI Company?
5 boxes we tick
- Salary between €3.500 and €4.250 plus a 13th-month pay, 8% holiday allowance, pension scheme, and the option to buy stocks. Yes, we share our shares.
- A real developer culture with highly skilled seniors eager to share their knowledge, review code, and have weekly standups and monthly inspiration sessions.
- The flexibility to create your own work-life balance, by partly working from home and flexible working hours (32/36/40).
- Study days, generous training budget, and €750 home office budget to stay on top of your coding game (and buy that new headset you want so badly).
- The chance to annihilate your colleagues in Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, CS:GO, a cook-off, pub quizzes, you name it.
5 boxes you tick (the more the merrier)
- You want to work in a real developer culture with highly skilled IT colleagues, short communication lines, great mentorship, and where we all share a passion for tech.
- You are not afraid to take ownership, and touch base or advise clients about features during refinements and sprint reviews.
- You are eager to learn new frameworks, tools, languages etc. We have freedom in choosing our languages, so we are constantly learning new things.
- You are team frontend, but hopefully also team weekend (as we all are). We like to celebrate that together during our Friday drinks at the VI-bar.
Do you potentially feel that this could be your next spot? Let us know! If you are not sure, but it piqued your interest, we are here to answer all your questions. Shoot us a mail at email@example.com or WhatsApp/call Wico on +31 6 43 25 37 15.
Thank you ;-)
Thank you for applying, we are excited that you’d like to join us at VI Company. We are having a look through applications as they come in, so we will be in touch as soon as possible, but at least within a week.
30-minute digital call with HR to get to know each other.
Meet the team🤸♀️
Chat with the team lead and a colleague, to dive deeper into your skills.
Business Case or Technical Assignment, to be prepared at home.
Meet the CEO, and discuss your case results with the team lead.